Sunday, March 2, 2008

Franken-puppy

Killian had an operation last week to correct a luxating patella (trick knee), so work has slowed a bit. He isn't allowed to walk for 6 weeks (ugh) so I've been functioning as his hospital bed. Once the staples come out and they cure a bit life will go back to normal. I feel guilty crating him with that "cone". Its been cold and windy here, so the little guy is freezing - he was shaved almost bald everywhere but his face :(
This also set us back a bit financially - and we have one more leg to go (next year). The first operation cost as much as the claw foot tub I want in the upstairs bath!
Doesn't he look pitiful?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jen said...

auhhhh!poor puppy.
I just found your blog. Looks like a "fun" project.

Jennifer said...

Poor puppy! I remember when our puppy had a possible torn ACL... it was going to cost SO MUCH! Luckily for us it knit back together by itself...
He will feel so much better with legs that work, though!

Anonymous said...

Oh the poor sweet heart! Our pup has the same problem, as well as very bad hips. Luckily we haven't had to do surgery yet. I hope he gets better soon!